Monday, 5 November 2012

Review of Media Prelim Task

Kidnapped is the original film (trailer), Written and Directed by Michael Navarro-Marin and myself. This was our first ever film trailer both individually and as a pair (DanNav), therefore our editing has a lot of room for improvement, but we both agree that this was a fair first attempt. Using Final Cut Pro for the film clips and Motion and for the opening credits. Though this was our first attempt we feel that we grasped the basic concept of the programs rather quickly, and in the end after a lot of toggling about we  produced a fairly good trailer with the use of music and transitions.

At first I personally felt that the trailer was rather poor, but with a bit of consolation from Mr Seston I was assured that we had done rather well for a first attempt and that a lot of first attempts end up similar to ours.

However, this still does not mean we have produced the perfect trailer, some things are still there that I would like to change, for example fight scene between Michael, Lijo and Jullian (Uncredited) I feel we could have repeated the scene to test new shots and re-direct the scene to give ourselves a variety of options that we could choose from in our real trailer. Also, with a bit more tweaking I think our transitions (including audio) could have worked better and the cut off time of the background music could have been better, but like I said it was our first time.

A mistake was made in the editing of the closing credits, this is evident from the beginning of the credits when the music is due to begin along with the credits but a major glitch has forced the sound to start later in the credits. Because of this the video last a little longer than it was originally due to. This mistake has been acknowledged and will (hopefully) not be repeated.

Overall, I, and indeed we, believe this was a successful project, considering it was our first, the viewers must think so too as we currently have a total of 42 views on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHV7HFu5IgQ&feature=g-all-u

No comments:

Post a Comment